The United Theatre Education Center is home to world-class facilities for music, performing and visual arts practice and education.
It provides youth and adults with arts education. Through music, film and arts education, the Center will aid in building a compassionate community of creative thinkers, leaders, and lifelong learners.
The RI Phil Music School @ the UNITED offers a range of music education programs and performance opportunities to people of all ages, incomes and ability levels. There are convenient lessons and exciting ensembles being created across different musical styles. You will find something for everyone!
Through music, film and visual and performing arts, The United’s education programs aid in building a compassionate community of creative thinkers, leaders, and lifelong learners. Stay tuned to this page for upcoming educational programs at The United.
Our music school offers private lessons, ensembles, and classes including Rock Band; Jazz Ensemble; Introductory String Ensemble; Guitar Ensemble; Brass Ensemble; and classes in Musicianship; Music Theory 1 & 2; and Keyboard Lab. Sign up today and learn more by clicking the link below.
Music Together is an international early childhood music and movement program for children from birth through age 8—and the grownups who love them. First offered to the public in 1987, it pioneered the concept of a research-based, developmentally appropriate early childhood music curriculum that strongly emphasizes and facilitates adult involvement.
Your child will love going for a musical ride with “Ridin’ in the Car” and “Trot to Grandma’s House” this semester. We’ll dance with “Don Alfredo baila,” march and scamper with “The Tailor and the Mouse,” and go “Pop!” with that good ol’ classic weasel! With 23 songs and chants (plus the Hello Song and Goodbye, So Long, Farewell, of course!), you’ll have lots of new songs and chants to keep the music going all winter long!
Summer 6-Week Sessions are:
- Tuesday’s at 9:00 & 10:15 am – July 11th -August 15th
- Wednesday’s at 9:00 & 10:15 am – July 12th -August 16th
- Thursday’s at 9:00 am & 10:15 am – July 13th -August 17th
Registration is $160.00
For the 6-week session including:
- a downloadable 25 song collection from around the world to listen on the go or at home
- an artistically illustrated songbook/storybook to learn the songs and bond together at home
- 45-55 minute class per week with Miss Kerrie and her 12 new weekly activities she masterfully orchestrated and planned with the song collection including her many many instruments to play, parachute, scarves, balls, and so much more. These classes are designed to encourage creative play with guidance and our example of how to play and make music together while bonding with their caregiver(s) or parent(s).
- social benefits, cognitive benefits, music education benefits, I could go on and on……