Penguin-Palooza with the Mystic Aquarium
In partnership with the Mystic Aquarium, The UNITED is thrilled to host an open house featuring penguin activities for all!
$20 advance tickets | $30 Day of Show tickets | kids under 2 are Free!
Refreshments available throughout the event.
African Penguins from the Mystic Aquarium will be available for viewing and photos from 11am -12pm!
- Ask questions of the Mystic Aquarium animal husbandry team.
- Mystic Aquarium penguins will paint a picture during their appearance.
Penguin crafting for all ages in the Theatre.
Story to Screen with The Westerly Library.
- At 11:45am, there will be a special Story to Screen event featuring the movie Surf’s Up.
- Penguin-related story time with books read aloud to kids and families.
- Surf’s Up is an animated feature that goes behind the scenes of the high-octane world of competitive penguin surfing. The film profiles Cody Maverick, an up-and-coming surfer as he enters his first pro competition. Featuring the voices of Shia LaBeouf, Jeff Bridges, Zooey Deschanel, Jon Heder, and James Woods.
View award-winning photographer Dan Callister’s captivating penguin photography in the Gallery
Photo credit © Dan Callister
Saturday, March 18, 2023
We don’t want you to miss out on a single United event! Stay connected and in the know with our weekly & special event e-mail newsletters.
Show your support for the arts and for your community! Generous contributions allow the United to bring a diversity of dynamic programming to the region – benefitting both locals and visitors alike.
Your donation will help us provide scholarships to students in need, engage audiences with live performances, film screenings, and special events, and maintain our state-of-the-art facility. The United is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Donations are tax deductible as allowed by law. Our EIN is 463579526Donate